photo mavisheadercopy_zpsbf568dbc.jpg HTML Map

Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Finds

Wow, it heated up this week!  It's almost obnoxious but it's not even "real" summer so I shouldn't complain.  I literally went from boots one day into flip flops the next.  

Ta Da!  I present Friday Finds this week.  Not a huge haul but a great one!  

A fantastic book from the 1940's, an antique wrapped canvas oil painting and a smaller vintage frame and print.  (you can click on any pic to enlarge for detail).  The best part?  I paid under $10 for it all.  Score!

This antique oil painting is truly beautiful.  




10 inches square, mounted canvas on wood.  So much character and perfectly imperfect.   Isn't it gorgeous?


 No signature or date that I can find but the frame is embossed with a patent date of 1886. 

The gilt oval frame with a classical print is only 3 inches.  I just love her!  

   
And finally, the book!  Don't you love old books?! This is
A Treasury of Mexican Folkways by Frances Toor, signed by the author on the front page.  500+ pages of anything you ever wanted to know about Mexico.  It's truly amazing and since recently I'm all about Mexico/Mexican Art/Mexican food (always!), I was really excited to find it.  It has some amazing color plates inside too!  These are just two:


I think there are ten or twelve of these, still vibrant after all these years.  The whole book is in great shape and it's fascinating.

What did YOU find this week?  We want/need to know!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!