photo mavisheadercopy_zpsbf568dbc.jpg HTML Map

Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Finds

 

Happy Friday friends!!  It was a short week due to the holiday and I LIKE IT.  The weather is great and summer is shaping up nicely.

My Friday Find this week is this great vintage blackboard.  The perfect size for the kitchen.  Only one problem.....

It was sad.  Actually I was sad because it had been loved so much that chalk simply wouldn't stick to it.  I even bought Crayola chalk for this sucker.  

Easy fix!  A jar of blackboard paint, sponge brush thingie and a warm day to dry the two coats I put on. 


 We painted it once and waited for it to dry.

Posey relaxed in the sun and I drank coffee of course.

The instructions say two coats and let it dry for 24 hours to cure. So we painted the second coat and prepared to wait.  Well, it was warm and I'm not known for being patient, so I tested it last night and it was all fixed!  Happy blackboard and happy me!  

It's back in its place ready to be used.



 What did you find this week?  We need to see!


 

2 comments:

  1. I love it Muriel! I like how Posey is waiting for "paint to dry!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmhmmm. More like just relaxing in the sun, waiting for the cat to appear.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!