photo mavisheadercopy_zpsbf568dbc.jpg HTML Map

Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday Finds

Happy Friday!  It's a hot one here, the flip flops are OUT!  Well, on my feet anyway.  

I found some great stuff this week, kind of a mish mash really.  I just found this today and love it!  It's 4 feet tall and the little "perches" for the birds are made out of old square nails.  

I found it at this great shop called Jeannie's Consignment where I'm a frequent haunter.  They get in great stuff all the time and most of it's priced really well.  I rarely leave empty handed.  

I also found a fantastic length of 19th century double damask fabric.  I collect antique fabric and was happy to add this to my stash.  Manufactured to be cut and hemmed for "lapkins" which is just a fancy word for really big napkins.  I love that it still has remnants of the original labels.  Under that fabric is a great old silver plate tray.  Mavis and I both love old engraved trophies and I love anything that is engraved and silver or silver plate.  It's a great sized tray for serving.  I wish there was a big fat cake sitting on it right now.  These thighs aren't going to feed themselves!!



Last, but not least is the great vintage bracelet with loads of dangles.  The stones are all glass and it's heavy and jangly.  LOVE it!  More of an autumn thing I would wear, so I've set it aside til then.  Who knows, maybe I'll take it apart and do something else with it. 

That's all I got.  What did YOU find?  And why aren't you telling us about it? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!